Friday, December 10, 2010

Secret Life of a Kabalite pt 1

Greetings y'all...Things are starting to pic up here with CG2. So I figured I'd start with some non-vid content. Recently I've started narrowing down my army choices for 40k. No more than 6 months ago I had 3 space marine armies, 'nids, orks, IG, chaos, demons, and eldar. It took me a while to figure out that there was realistically no way I can keep up 9 armies much less enjoy them. So i started trimming the fat per say. Sold off my space wolves, demons, eldar, IG, and chaos. As it sits now I'm sporting my Imperial Fists, Flesh tearers, Orks, and my newest project, dark eldar.

Originally I had no intention of doing a dark eldar, never really liked em and didn't really think that was going to change. Sadly that was the same thing I said about the Blood Angles but there was 1 single thing in the codex that pulled me in....again same thing with the dark eldar. For the BA's it was Chapter Master Gabriel Seth. I loved his and the flesh tearers fluff...so thats how they were founded. Now on to the dark eldar. As more and more came out from the DE codex first I saw the new models for the Helions, AMAZING. Next was the icing on the cake, when the rules for Baron Sathonyx came out. I had a light bulb, "WAIT I CAN TAKE AWESOME MODELS AS TROOPS?", yes please.

Now that the codex has come out the next problem was how was I going to build the army I want. Well along came the push to do commission painting. It was something that I had thrown around and bounced off my friends but never made the leap. Then my first commission opportunity came up in a BIG way...matching a paint job from a well known "professional service" that truthfully is WAY beyond economical for the average gamer, regardless of their claims.

So now we have army idea, check. Way to support the army, Check....and we're off to the races... That being said I've started building my Dark Eldar Kabal centered on the good Baron himself. I my first game with the codex tankertodd's tau to proxy. Slowly that list has been tweaked and changed as well as have the proxy models been replaced with the proper DE models. Now I'm only very few items away from having everything. A month in now and I'm still not entirely sure of a paint scheme for them yet though my idea is centered around a black/purple-ish scheme. More on that later...now to the 1850 list.

1870 Pts - Dark Eldar Roster

1 Archon
1 Archon - Kabalite Armour; Splinter Pistol; Plasma Grenades; Agoniser; Haywire Grenades; Ghostplate Armour; Combat Drugs; Soul-trap; Shadow Field; Webway Portal

1 Baron Sathonyx
1 Baron Sathonyx - Splinter Pod; Splinter Pistol; Phantasm Grenade Launcher; Shadow Field

5 Beastmasters
4 Beastmasters - Close Combat Weapon; Splinter Pod; Skyboard; Agoniser
1 Beastmasters - Splinter Pod; Skyboard; Agoniser
2 Clawed Fiend
4 Khymerae
4 Razorwing Flocks

Hellions
9 Hellion - Splinter Pod; Skyboard
1 Upgrade Character - Splinter Pod; Splinter Pistol; Agoniser

Hellions
9 Hellion - Splinter Pod; Skyboard
1 Upgrade Character - Splinter Pod; Splinter Pistol; Agoniser

Kabalite Trueborn
7 Kabalite Trueborn - Shardcarbine; Kabalite Armour; Haywire Grenades
1 Kabalite Trueborn - Splinter Cannon; Kabalite Armour; Haywire Grenades
1 Upgrade Character - Haywire Grenades; Splinter Pistol; Agoniser
1 Raider - Disintegrator Cannon; Flickerfield

Ravager
1 Ravager - 3 Dark Lance; Retrofire Jets; Flickerfield

Ravager
1 Ravager - 3 Disintegrate r cannons; Retrofire Jets; Flickerfield

1 Razorwing Jetfighter
1 Razorwing Jetfighter - Splinter Cannon; Disintegrator Cannon; Necrotoxin Missile; Flickerfield
[Unassigned: 1 Disintegrator Cannon; 3 Necrotoxin Missile]

10 Wyches
7 Wyches - Plasma Grenades; Haywire Grenades
2 Wyches - Hydra Gauntlets; Plasma Grenades; Haywire Grenades
1 Upgrade Character - Splinter Pistol; Haywire Grenades; Plasma Grenades; Agoniser
1 Raider - Dark Lance; Flickerfield

Total Roster Cost: 1849

In part 2 I'm going to get into the models and hopefully get unit pics up.....feel free to lets have a discussion about the new dex or my list....stay tuned more to come........

No comments:

Post a Comment